Editor-in-Chief of Quaternary (ISSN 2571-550X), an international open-access journal that covers all aspects of Quaternary science, embracing the whole range of scientific fields related to geological, geographical, biological, physical, chemical, environmental and human sciences. Quaternary aims to be a high-quality, multidisciplinary and influential journal in the field, for which we have assembled a high-quality Editorial Board covering the wide range of Quaternary disciplines.
We accept papers of different types with no limits on space, figures and color (see the author’s instructions). Publication charges are waived for the first three years in order to stimulate potential authors to contribute. More details are available in the journal website and the inaugural editorial paper. Check out our special issues and submit a manuscript and/or propose a new topic to be considered for a special issue. In addition, a topical collection called Palaeoinsights is available to publish essays and opinion papers.
Click here to submit a manuscript (quick registration required).
Regular issues published to date
Special issues in progress
- Advances in Quaternary study: the contribution of mammalian fossil record (Ed: M. R. Palombo) – Deadline 31 may 2018 (closed)
- Special external effects on fluvial system evolution (Eds: J. Vandenberghe, D.R. Bridgland & X. Wang) – Deadline 15 Jul 2018
- Changing nature of socio-ecological interactions in the Americas – from palaeoamerican through to present day (Eds: E. Montoya, B.S. Whitney) – Deadline 1 Sep 2018
- Speleothem recods and climate (Eds: S. Harrison & L. Comas Bru) – Deadline 30 Sep 2018
- Laminated lake sediments (Eds: B. Zolitschka & W. Tylman) – Deadline 31 Oct 2018
- Applying the Quaternary in AFrica: the role of the past in supporting the future (Eds: R. Marchant, L. Gillson & S.M. Rucina) – Deadline 31 dec 2018
- Mediterranena palaeoecology and palaeoclimatology (Eds: W. Fletcher & M.F. Sánchez-Goñi) – Deadline 31 Jan 2019
- The human footprint on islands – the ecological impact of discovery and colonization (Eds: E. de Boer, L. de Nascimento, J. Wood & S. Nogué) – Deadline 28 Feb 2019
Topical colections (permanently open)