- Have humans changed the configuration and functioning of the Earth System? Yes.
- Should we change our relationships with our planet to be sustainable? Yes.
- Should we stop overexploitation, contamination and garbage accumulation at once? Yes.
- Should we change the global socio-economic system to improve the situation? Yes.
- Are we in a new historical phase of humankind? Yes.
- Are we in a new geological epoch? No.
- Why not? Is not true that science has already accepted the Anthropocene as a new geological epoch? No.
- OK, but this is a matter of time, isn’t it? No.
- Is there a scientitifc proposal to formalize the Anthropocene as a new geological epoch? No.
- Is it in progress? Yes.
- Is it likely to be approved in its present state? No.
- Regardless formal acceptance, could we name the new historical phase the Anthropocene? No.
More information in the book ‘El Antropoceno‘, English summaries in the papers ‘The Anthropocene uncovered‘ and ‘The Anthropocene: neglects, misconceptions and possible futures‘.